Thursday, October 28, 2010

Dumpster Dive'n




Last night while at Surfy Surfy JP told me that he got word that a dumpster at a storage unit in Solana Beach was filled with busted boards. Apparently the owner of these boards was moving and had to do something with them fast. With only the information of it being somewhere in Solana I took off last night to locate them only to be skunked. This morning I did a bit more poking around and stumbled upon the score!  4.5 boards of old foam goodness. Life is good my friends. Life is good. 

Next time, before you throw your broken boards in the trash and make me search all over town and rummage through the trash, please, contact me. I'll gladly take them off your hands. 

Thanks JP for the tip. We will make some mighty fine handplanes out them.

3 comments:

  1. the dumpster company has your name in it.....
    EDCO.........weird

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rejuvenated an old McTavish that was lying abandoned on the beach (see my blog) and now all I'm obsessed with finding more boards to fix and paint. It was so much fun to play "plastic surgeon for surfboard" :) !!! Please think of me if you find some rideable ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will do. We don't use anything that is ridable. If it can be fixed up we'll trade it out for some broken ones. Cool Blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails