Thursday, December 18, 2008

Rescued

About 4 years ago my neighbor passed away suddenly. I didn't know him really at all since I had just moved in. I just remember him from the neighborhood.  He was one of the locals.  When they cleaned out his house they put this board out in the trash.  It is a circa 1970 7'6" McCoy single fin pintail. I stopped in shock.  It was beat up but it was still salvageable.  My dream is to have it fixed up and take it out.  For this guy to have kept this board all these years means he loved it. By the wear and tear on this board you could tell it was surfed a lot.  Now it sits but someday it will be surfed again.

5 comments:

  1. Great story.... fix her up and let her glide.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please do fix her up. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alan at Waves of Discontent blog would probably love to do the resto on that. Great that you found it before it went to the dump.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clayfin, I've see your work on other sites. I really like it. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails